OnePlus has finally released the Oxygen OS 3.0 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow for OnePlus Two, the update was under soak test for past couple fo weeks and yesterday it finally released the beta file for OnePlus two users. The new update brings new improved camera user interface with some new software additions to the camera apps, boots in performance, and the update also includes security patch for March 2016. The update brings in new launcher settings that will allow you to pick both wallpaper and lock screen at the same place, this wallpaper picker will be available with the 6.0.1 update.
As this is the beta release, Some of the known issues after the update are, If you go ahead and flash the update, you will have to re-register the fingerprint sensor, the update will remove Maxxaudio tuner and presets. If at all you wish to roll back to Oxygen Os 2.2.1 you must wipe out the entire data on your OnePlus Two. Rearranging the quick settings might fail some time also some apps require M compatibility. OnePlus might work on these issues before pushing out the public update via OTA, but for now these are some of the known issues.
To Install the Marshmallow 6.0.1 Update on Your OnePlus Follow below steps:
- Download the update Zip file from OnePlus forum or click here.
- One you have downloaded, connect your smartphone to your PC/Laptop and transfer the Zip file to your phone
- Now shut down your phone and restart it and while it sharting press hold power and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- It will reboot in recovery, select install from local, select the Zip file and confirm
- Give it some time to install and reboot. That’s it.